Good Morning, loves! I am having the most fabulous morning and I’ve been up since 5 am…If you know me well, you know that I can barely get up before 10 so this is very foreign to me but surprisingly positive! I woke up this morning super early and woke up with immediate energy to start the day. So I thought I would take the time to spread the positive vibes and wish you all a wonderful day. There is nothing healthier for your days than waking up with a bright energy! So here are my tips to starting off your mornings as fabulous as mine!
1) Get up early. Waking up early is proven to boost your mood, decrease stress, and increase productivity! You will have a much more productive and positive morning if you can actually take your time with things! Try even just 20 minutes earlier and you’ll be able to fit in the small things that can make a big difference!
2) Make your bed. Doing so will keep you from crawling back in and the physical act of making it puts you in get mode of getting things done and ready for the day. Also, coming back home to a ready-made bed will be much more refreshing and relaxing for a good nights sleep!
3) Unplug. Keep off your phone, tablet, and laptop while you rejuvenate your mind, body, and spirit for a busy day ahead of you. If your days are anything like mine, I’m constantly in front of a bright screen and answering an overwhelming amount of calls, emails, and texts. Let the work start at the office, not right when you wake up!
4) Set the mood. I always start off my morning with my favorite acoustic playlist and lighting a candle. Catering to all of our senses when we wake up is important and absolutely delightful when they involve your favorite things!
My personal favorites for the a.m: “Photograph” – Ed Sheeran, “Celeste” – Ezra Vine, “Banana Pancakes” – Jack Johnson, “Merry Happy” – Kate Nash
Currently burning: Pineapple Palm Grass, 3 Wick from B&BW!
5) Have a healthy breakfast. Over time I’ve realized that if I cook a big breakfast I feel really heavy and actually have less energy during the day. Keep it light but full of nutrients! My coffee is a necessity and plenty of fruit!
6) Express yourself. This would definitely involve you giving yourself an extra amount of time but I’ve found that if I have time to write, read, or just sit out on my balcony and think I feel more relaxed and happy with myself to start the day. Most of us spend our days at work catering to the rest of the world, remember that this is your time just for you to prepare yourself for the hours ahead!
Wish you all positive energy and fabulous mornings!